Diatomaceous Earth - Poultry & Bird
Milled to a particle size of between approximately 0.5 mm to 2.00 mm, and has the consistency of coarse sand.
Regularly feeding Poultry & Bird to your chickens diet has numerous benefits for your flock and you too!
Of all farm animals chickens respond the fastest to silica supplementation with differences in size and alertness that can be expected within 1 week.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional freight charges may be incurred for 10kg / 20kg is payable by customer. A separate invoice will be forwarded within 3 working days for payment with details.
- Improves feed conversion (noticed in larger flocks)
- Reduce reliance OR replace the traditional chemical treatments used for parasite control.
- Laying hens fed DE demonstrated an increase in egg production with better quality shells
- Overall better health of birds as it enables essential minerals to be absorbed easily throughout the digestion process.
- Better growth and bone density in growing chicks.
- What goes in must come out? Because DE does not dissolve in water means your chook's poo is less smelly. DE absorbs moisture and bad odours which keeps your coop maintenance low and reduces flies, mosquitoes and their larvae.
Initial: 15% feed (150g / 1 kg)
Maintenance: 5 - 10% feed (50-100g / kg)
FYI; there are reported to be over a thousand way DE can be used safely in our homes, yards and our animals health!
Diatomaceous Earth’s method of parasite control is strictly mechanical and as a result the parasites cannot adapt, develop resistance or become immune. The microscopic edges of the diatoms pierce the outer structure of the parasites exoskeleton causing dehydration which results in death and passes harmlessly through the digestive system.